Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

" heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction )

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
{&*mεg}
Admin
{&*mεg}

Location : East Coast, USA. & when you're not looking - IN YOUR SLEEP.

" heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction ) Empty
PostSubject: " heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction )   " heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction ) EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:09 am

and i'm not ashamed of what i am
● ● ● » it's how i'm living, yeah.

Morning light filtered into Kade’s bedroom, hitting his face directly and pulling him from a deep sleep. He scrunched his nose up, still drowsy and not quite awake. His blue eyes fluttered open to meet the welcoming sunshine as dawn appeared in his window. It was time to get ready for the day once again.

Kade got up from his warm bed, somewhat upset to have to leave the comfort of his woolen blankets. But the anticipation of what he would get done during the day spurred him on to get ready. He slipped on his vest, pants, and shoes in a flash and ruffled his fingers hastily through his hair.

As he headed toward the kitchen he adjusted his vest to make sure it was straight and aligned. For a moment Kade considered not eating breakfast. He had a lot to do, anyways. But he thought better of it and figured he would need the energy. There was a lot of sanding to be done today, so he would need all the energy he could get for that. Sanding could be almost as bad as chopping trees sometimes.

Kade grabbed a hunk of bread and some leftover pottage from the night before. It seemed to be still good, and Kade was not picky, so he shoveled the thick soup into his mouth and dipped some bread into the pottage and ate that as well. After eating a few bites, Kade realized how hungry he truly was, and was grateful that he had decided to sit down and eat. He wondered if Ailin was awake yet. Though, he thought better of waking her up if she was still sleeping. No one liked to be woken up early in the morning.

Caught up in his thoughts, he hadn’t noticed the small furry creature leap up onto the table in front of him. Kade looked up, and a huge grin broke across his face.

“Efa!” he exclaimed, reaching out to rub the feline on the back of her neck. “Hungry, girl?”

He pushed a piece of bread her way and watched with a small smile as she nibbled daintily on it.

After finishing his meal, Kade quickly put his dish bowl away and put the leftovers in the cupboard. Soon after, he was heading out the door to travel the short distance to the city by horseback. Efa followed him out the door, padding gingerly in his wake. Kade hoisted her up and slipped her into one of the horses’ pouches. The small cat meowed and poked her head out of the pouch just as Kade pulled himself up onto the horse. He smiled and reached down to pat her head, receiving another meow of approval.

Kade kicked the horse with his heels and they were off, traveling to the heart of Niall. Maybe Ailin had already gone to her shop? If so, the two of them had only missed each other by minutes.

Once he arrived in front of his store, Kade dismounted and let Efa out of her pouch. The feline scurried across the sidewalk and sat down by the door, waiting for Kade to unlock it. Kade chuckled as he brought his horse, whose name was Aslan, to the side of the store to tie him up. He checked to make sure that the horse and feed and water for the day before going to unlock the store door. Efa entered before him.

Kade pulled back the front window curtains to let in the natural sunlight. There was no need to use candles and torches in broad daylight when you had the sun. Kade turned around to take in his humble shop.

It was a large square room with a generous layer of sawdust littering the stone floor in some areas. Toward the front it was rather clean, because there was where Kade kept his finished pieces to be sold. A set of chairs adorned the east wall, and opposite it stood his latest finished project, a detailed study desk with a matching chair. Each drawer had it’s own intricate design. In a way, he and his sister were a lot alike in their creative sides.

Towards the back of the room was where he worked. The table legs he had started last night were still where he left them; propped up against a half-finished end table.

Kade rubbed his slightly calloused hands together. Another day of work awaited him. He made sure the front door was ajar before settling down to get to work.

" heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction ) Divider

" heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction ) Kadee

TAGGED; no one in particular.
WORD COUNT; 000756.
LYRICS; i like it - chocolat
NOTES; too short. :/ lost inspiration.
TEMPLATE; yours truly.

Back to top Go down
https://lethalallure.forumotion.com
KaylaShmayla

PostSubject: Re: " heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction )   " heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction ) EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:00 pm

For Elliot, morning was never signified by the light of dawn, swelling in the East and trickling down to rouse the sleepy townsfolk of Niall. When the moon was still bright in the sky, before the crescendo of the crickets' symphony, when the air was still biting enough to see breath; this time of the night, before the dusk receeded into the dawn and the slumbering citizens were still wrapped in the allure of dreams, was when the young lady felt the most at ease.

She lay in bed for a long time, staring at the honey-tinted wood covering approximately half of the floor of the room she and her sister shared, bunching the sheet up and over her chin to fight off the cold seeping in through the covered hole that would eventually be a window. Her nose was red and tingling and Elliot brought the blanket up further, her eyes the only remaining part exposed to the chilly atmosphere.

Working up a nerve she had not used in quite a while, Elliot flipped back the covers and plunged herself into the arctic open, her nightgown doing nothing to protect her from the frigid temperature. With as much of a silent haste as she could bring her numbed feet to produce the dark haired woman tugged off her night wear, and tucking it into a tight square, she dropped to her knees, swapping the square for another consisting of day wear from beneath her bed. She was back up and dressed within an instant, and slipping on her leather boots, Elliot allowed herself a long stretch, basking in the glowing rise of temperature that came with insulating clothing.

Her night vision had kicked in by then. Swimming in a hazy grogginess she tiptoed around her little sister and through the unfinished archway, crossing into a tiny hall coated with a light layer of sawdust that turned almost invisible in the dark of the true early morning. The worn sole of her left boot caught in a larger pile, and like paper on ice her foot slid out from under her, nearly sending her body crashing to the ground in a noisy heap. Now breathing heavily and clinging to the wall she slid to the staircase, taking an unfamiliar utmost care to inch down the descending steps.

The main floor was even cooler, plummeting at the very least ten degrees. There was next to no insulation on the ground floor; thin walls, and a floor of cobblestone like ice to the touch. Elliot openly shivered, goose bumps rising on her arms as a draft felt along the sillhouette of her body.

The front door hung wide open, swinging back and forth in what seemed to be a teasing gale.

"Damnit!" Elliot hissed, her face twisting into a snarl of frustration, rubbing her head in a rather violent motion. Once again the entrance had failed to click shut, and was now permitting entry to whatever shifty character had the gall to walk into someone else's home. Taking a running start, she threw herself against the hatchway hung ajar, a whoosh of air rushing in and muting the otherwise loud bang that should have resonated.

Silence filled the air once more.

---

Breakfast was, too, a solitary affair. The horizon was stained a rosy pink, looking at it now from the splendor of the bay window proving to be the only glasswork in the entire house complete. Moving had not been uneventful, nor had it been anything bordering enjoyable. Elliot could not have said she had left any friends in the process; but that home had been her home. And so far, it had got them no where save a half-finished abode and a slightly bigger bottom floor for their shop. The nights were cold due to the gaping holes where windows should have been; the floors creaked; doors, not yet adjusted to their optimal fit, stuck in places and refused to stay closed in others; worst of all, back-alley cats were able to find refuge in the warmer living floor, every now and then popping up amidst their daily routines - to the glee of Serene, the youngest of the family, but the utter revulsion of her mother.

Elliot was the worst of them, griping consistantly about their quarters and dropping heavy, guilt-inducing hints that home was not quite fitting in with her idea of a good life. The existing was peaceful here; but existing was not the same as enjoying.

Her family was still sleeping in, something that almost disgusted the girl as she stood up to wash the plate that held her pancake minutes before. The blinding sensation of too much light signified the end of her couple hours' serenity. Morning, by definition of the majority, had arrived.

The air still hinted of the clear cold that lingered in the sunlight before warming. Hair now pulled back in a hastily-put french braid, she crossed the threshhold of the entrance to the building, turning to lock it and tucking the strange iron key in the leg of her right boot. There had to be a carpenter somewhere in the vicinity of the markets - or at the very least something of the like. Her feet carried her in a slow canter, all the while keeping a sharp look out for anything that may help temporarily with some of the defects of their fixer-upper.

As the law of luck goes, she found herself running by the quant operation of a little furniture store; open, by the looks of the way the door was cracked. That, or these people had their house built by the same lazied contractor as Elliot's.

But in fact they were open. A warm draft drifted from the interior of the charming shop, and like a moth to the allure of a light Elliot found herself slipping through the threshold, her body tingling with gratitude at the luxurious temperature that had not yet conjured itself since moving. She breathed heat to the hands she now had cupped against her mouth, speeding the rate at which her chilled hands thawed. For the first time since waking up, her unattractively-reddened nose began to lose its tingle.

Winter really was an awful season to pick up and move.

She moved now with confidence, her expression content and touching on haughty.

The floor looked much like the hall outside her bedroom; a layer of fine sawdust sprinkled the surface, though the floor here was cobblestone. there were furniture pieces everywhere, half finished to the beautifully intricate. Toward the back, Elliot noted a young man, slaving away over a wood piece of sorts.

"Excuse me. I need to know if you can help me," she called from across the room, hesitant to step further in, hand still touching the frame of the door from which she came.
Back to top Go down
{&*mεg}
Admin
{&*mεg}

Location : East Coast, USA. & when you're not looking - IN YOUR SLEEP.

PostSubject: Re: " heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction )   " heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction ) EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:52 pm

and i'm not ashamed of what i am
● ● ● » it's how i'm living, yeah.

Sweat trickled down Kade’s brow, threatening to mix with the sawdust that floated thickly through the air. Kade swiped at his face with a dark green rag, hasty in his movements. He wanted to finish this project before moving onto anything else. The table legs were as smooth as honey now. He rubbed them clean with the same rag and held them out for a better perspective.

As he held them up, he saw out of the corner of his eye movement by the door. Could it be a customer? Kade quickly hoisted himself up and fixed his clothing. Sawdust still remained embedded in his hair. He placed the table legs down and stood up, rubbing his calloused hands together.

Efa had lifted her head at the sound of movement near the store door. Both witch and Familiar watched as a young woman entered the store. By the way she walked, she seemed to be human. She also looked young, with a cherubic-like face and features. But instead of coming directly inside, she lingered in the doorway, her hand touching the door’s frame gingerly.

“Excuse me. I need to know if you can help me,” she said called out. Although hesitant to enter, she carried herself with a confident air. Kade rubbed his right cheek.

“Sure, what can I help you with?” he inquired. “Finished, unfinished piece?”

Efa had wandered over to the young woman; her tail lifted so as to not drag through the sawdust. She walked lightly and slowly, curious about the newcomer. The cat let out a tender meow.

" heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction ) Divider

" heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction ) Kadee

TAGGED; elliot.
WORD COUNT; 000262.
LYRICS; i like it - chocolat
NOTES; sorry it's short!
TEMPLATE; yours truly.

Back to top Go down
https://lethalallure.forumotion.com
KaylaShmayla

PostSubject: Re: " heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction )   " heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction ) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:49 am

The cat was a curious little feline. She watched as the creature pawed with gentle selectiveness across the floor strewn with debris, careful to keep itself immaculate; vain by divine design. It was stepping forward with hindrance, calculating this unfamiliar girl with a tilt of its triangular head. The quiet question in its melodic mewl was almost understandable in a language all its own - the glint in its wide eyes possessing a characteristic that was almost human.
She refocused on the boy in the back of the store, who's attention had in turn been trained on Elliot.
"Sure, what can I help you with? Finished, unfinished piece?" She shuffled in further, sliding her feet rather than lifting them, two clean streaks on the floor where her feet pushed away parts of the thin coating of sawdust. Her expression morphed from initial curiosity to professionalism. Her fingers pinched at the fabric of her pants - her knees locked, back straightened.
"Not furniture. Well... I-- we just moved here. From a little district about forty or so miles to the north. Maybe you know it," she furrowed her brows, shaking her head. It was unlikely.
"I don't know who was in charge of carpentry here, but we got the short end of the stick. The moron obviously didn't know what he was doing," she continued, the last sentence a muted mutter.
"Most of the windows still haven't been put in. There's framework exposed in places. It's like living outside, what with the temperature dropping at night. Our home, I mean." her fingers were caressing her temples now, agitation threatening to show; she took a breath. Lately it took no more than a minute negative thought to set her off. Elliot gave the boy a moment to take it all in.
"I'm tired of watching my little sister shiver through the night. Truthfully, I'm tired of this whole town - if that carpenter is any representation of who the 'great merchants' of Niall are, I'm not impressed." she continued, throwing in a glare at the clerk for good measure. It wasn't exactly a fair gesture; but why should she be fair?
"I don't know what you can do to help. At the very least, I'd appreciate something to board up the windows. Plywood, tarping, anything. I can pay for this; I'm just coming because my father's too non-conflictual to deal with this on his own." she finished her word-vomit of a speech, eyes now narrowed in impatience, though the only delay was of her own creation. Her arms crossed defensively over her chest and she shifted her weight, favoring her left side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: " heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction )   " heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction ) Empty

Back to top Go down

" heading to work&*! " ( kade introduction )
Page 1 of 1