Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sozialismus

Sozialismus

♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. Empty
PostSubject: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:06 pm

♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. Tumblr_lryi0r73OZ1qdford
your gladiator heart doesn't seem to want to let you leave the field

The sun had finally risen, and with it, Damon's watch had ended. Thin, spidery shadows stretched across the main courtyard of the palace as the red light of the dawn replaced the darkness. Already the castle was awake, mostly servants and some of the younger knights going about their duties, but Damon could swear that he recognised a few of the higher-ups. What they were doing awake at this time, however, was anyone's guess and not his place to ask.

He himself been on night watch duty - an unenviable job, especially on a night as cold as this one had been. Though he'd been wearing thick, dark furs of his winter uniform, the night's chill had set deep down in his bones, making his joints ache. He was getting old, too, though his mind stubbornly refused to accept that as a reason for the aches and pains that plagued his body after each long shift. He tugged the bear skin tighter around him and inhaled the earthy, smoky smell of it - it had been given to him years earlier upon gaining his Captain's rank, but its age was nothing when matched to its value. Furs made from a bear killed by the king himself were nothing to scoff at.

"Sir?" His peripheral vision was blinkered completely by the steel helmet of the winter uniform, and he had to twist in his saddle to see the speaker. It was one of the new recruits smiling widely, his face flushed from the cold. He waited expectantly to take the reins from Damon's horse.
"Oh. Thank you," He did not surrender them. "You're new, aren't you? Donnelly, if I'm remembering it right?" One of his younger recruits - another werewolf that Damon couldn't imagine being any older than twenty five, not yet jaded or cynical.

He nodded eagerly, pride incarnated as flesh.
"Yes, Captain! Donnelly, Owen Donnelly - Started last week." He saluted, one sharp, obviously practised motion that just seemed almost childish in its hyperbole. Damon felt embarrassed on his behalf; there was pride in work, and then there was this.
"Tell me, Donnelly," He held the reins out of Donnelly's reach, gathered tightly in his fists despite the boy's outstretched fingers, desperate to take them from him. "Do you like being a soldier?"

He saw Donnelly's forehead crumple, as the gears in his brain trundled along, trying to figure out exactly what the correct response was. His mouth opened, and for a moment, it looked as if he'd thought of a reply, then snapped back shut abruptly. When he finally spoke, all he managed was a rather confused 'sir?'.
"It's not a trick question - yes or no?" Giving him the simplicity of a one word answer seemed to do the trick, and Donnelly beamed self assuredly.
"Oh, well then yes sir!" Again with the almost grotesque level of satisfaction.

"In that case, I suggest that if you want to remain a soldier for much longer, you'll stop saluting like that." He dismounted, and found to his displeasure, that the effect of his words was somewhat diminished by the noise of pain the soreness in his joints pulled out of him. It was getting worse - after almost twelve hours on horseback (though admittedly he had not really done much beyond sitting), his joints had set, and just the thought of moving was painful, let alone the act itself.

He relinquished the reins to Donnelly, his face daring the boy to ask if he was okay. Donnelly didn't.
"Should I take her back to the stables, sir?"
"Yes. Make sure she's well rested." Donnelly's hand twitched, and for the briefest of moments, Damon was sure he was going to salute. Luckily, he seemed to realise in time, and instead compromised with a clumsy bob of his head like he couldn't bear to leave the request unacknowledged.

Damon waited until his horse was out of sight before removing his helmet. It was a cumbersome, ornate thing with branching antlers and etched steel - a captain's helmet, but an impracticality more than anything else. To his own disadvantage, Damon took pride in his work, and refused all suggestions to turn a blind eye to protocol and wear a lighter, more practical helm.

That was how you did soldiering. Not with salutes or tagging 'sir' onto the end of every sentence - you were a soldier through sacrifice and discomfort - through your actions rather than your words. Maybe some of this new wave would learn that this time around. But, he thought, somewhat morosely probably not

Damon waited for a few moments for the pain to fully pass, replaced by a low throbbing in the backs of his knees. He rubbed his eyes, suppressing a yawn - it was too early to head back to the garrison; most of the soldiers in there would be starting to get up, rather than going to bed, and Damon didn't much like the idea of trying to sleep through the noise of a hundred other men putting their armour on. Sleep could come later - for now, he could occupy himself elsewhere.

tagged ; nobody
word count ; 914.
lyrics ; Gladiator Heart - The Connells
notes ; Apologies for any glaring errors - I'm super tired.
gif ; azirae @ tumblr

Back to top Go down
http://barrichello.tumblr.com
GrannyAsh

GrannyAsh

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:53 pm

» while we're young and beautiful, living free and easy, here without a worry, dancing in our { b a r e f e e t } ♠ ♣

A gentle early morning breeze caressed the tall blades of grass found on the outskirts of Brion, ruffling the wild flowers in which intermingled, creating a meadow of beautiful diverse colors. Hidden amongst the untamed beauty lay Kael, son of the Chadwick family. His features remained relaxed, his lips parted ever so faintly, so as to taste the exotic scents that passed him by.
The last twinkling star in the early morning sky blinked a couple more seconds, before it too faded from sight, just as the others had, leaving behind a vast expanse of cloudless pale morning blue in its place.

In one hand Kael held a blue wild flower, spinning it between his thumb and forefinger, he gazed at the intricate design. Watching the colors blur as he spun it to and fro, by rubbing his two fingers along the prickly green stalk. For a moment, he was completely enraptured by the small flower, until his golden gaze met the bright golden-yellow eye of the sun; steadily it rose into the sky, casting beams of yellow and fiery orange fingers across the earth and heavens.

Propping himself up on his elbows, Kael’s ivory face tilted up to the sky. A slight smile wore his rosy full lips; his tousled inky black hair partially covered his forehead, as though it were reaching out to the golden pools of his eyes. The three colors together were breath taking with the morning light adding a shade of pure warmth to his complexion. It was warmth never again capable of being attained for the undead man.

Swathed in his black travel cloak, Kael lay on the earthen floor. Feeling the warmth blossom on his ivory skin, bringing about a familiar wintery fragrance – of course winters chill went by unnoticed. Right here, right now, with no one around to stare. Kael could be himself. It was a breath of true fresh air; bringing life back into his dead lungs. Lightly, he trailed the small blue flower along his lips, feeling the soft texture caress his more sensitive skin. With the flower now resting on his right cheek, Kael paused, he appeared like a magnificent stone carving, half visible in the field of tall grass and colored flowers.

Without a single word spoken, Kael abruptly gathered himself up onto his feet. Brushing off his black traveling cloak, he then fastened the loose rope back in place. His right hand delicately reached up to tentatively touch the left side of his neck, probing his fingers along the black jagged lines etched forever into his memory. His features slowly clouded over, masking into the sour expression he so often wore. In a flash, his ivory colored hands roughly grasped the hood of his cloak, drawing it over his head and casting his features into shadow. His golden eyes momentarily shut, allowing him a collective moment in which he drew in a deep steadying breath.

In that breath, Kael was met with the knowledge of close game nearby. The thin blood that pumped through the small body of a diminutive rabbit, not nearly as mouth watering as the blood of a human, but blood all the same. It was the food of the less fortunate, a meal Kael had not once ever needed to suffer through. Not with the endless supply of wealth his parents somehow maintained.

In the near distance, Brion was coming to life once more. Kael was long overdue back within the city walls; his absence was never one to be over looked. Especially given today’s audience with the king. Another day of meaningless hunting for the king’s amusement, Kael was to wield a bow and arrow to shoot down unsuspecting game. It was his affinity with the bow and arrow that claimed him a place in the King’s outing party.

Whistling into the gentle breeze, Kael watched as Bounty made his way over at a leisurely pace. He was a stunning horse, a purebred Arab stallion with a glossy black pelt that could make any raven-haired woman jealous. Lifting his hand, Kael watched as Bounty pushed his nose against it. For a moment, the two seemed frozen in place in the meadow. An evident close friendship not often viewed by others. For to everyone else around Brion, Kael was cold and distant, and far too aristocratic to approach.

Taking the bridle in hand, Kael lifted himself up effortlessly onto the bare back of the stallion. His feet gently pressed against Bounty’s sides, spurring the horse into a gentle trot before breaking into a full out gallop. His hood gradually slipped off, exposing his features but covering most of the black mark that forever tarnished Kael’s ivory skin.

Once the two had successfully arrived in Brion, Kael had the decency to slow Bounty into a trot. The more people he passed, the stonier his golden gaze became. His shoulders were rigid, and his temper boiled beneath the cold surface of his skin. Still, the people eyed him and whispered behind hands that withheld nothing from his sensitive ears.

Finally he arrived before the castle, the duty guards bobbed their heads as he passed, averting their eyes as they usually did. Bounty’s pace came to a halt as they arrived inside the courtyard, where on cue, a servant rushed forth to take Bounty’s reigns. With their eyes cast to the ground to avoid trouble -- it was common knowledge with the castle workers not to meet Kael’s gaze uninvited. He was a royal guest, and word continued to circulate about one particular servant who had the misfortune to stare not only at Kael, but at the cursed mark upon his neck too.

His golden gaze swept his surroundings, landing on a familiar face. Damon. Kael arched a brow at the male’s appearance and the obvious ache that targeted his old bones. The downfall of being a werewolf, vampires never suffered such humane illnesses as aching bones. It didn’t mean their health was perfect of course, it was indeed strange how the undead were still plagued with illness. Rubbing his black leather gloved hands together. Kael sauntered over to Damon.

He often did start meaningless conversation with the commander of the royal guard.

"Still awake I see.” Kael spoke in his lyrical tone of voice. “For how long do you plan to continue this role? Your body is beginning to protest.” He was about to add ‘old man’ but last minute, he thought better of himself and added it silently within his mind. Though the small quirk of his lips likely gave his last thought away. Unfortunately, Damon sometimes managed to read him like an open book.

Kael’s golden gaze swept over the heavy winter attire Damon wore, with that added weight, it was so wonder his bones didn’t protest in his earlier days too. Loosening the rope around his neck, Kael slipped his cloak off and slung it over one arm. As always, he was dressed in his black attire. His white button up shirt was half covered by a black vest made of rich soft material. One hand swept through his black hair, combing out the damage the wind hand caused and tidying up his appearance.

He still appeared a little shabby in yesterday’s clothes, and he knew full well it wouldn’t pass by Damon unnoticed. Even though he was old, Kael still seemed to maintain his youth.

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
tagged* Demo.
word count* 001234.
lyrics* young & beautiful - carrie underwood
notes* ^ Points at number count. Funny!
template* by meg, for ash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattpad.com/2432777-hell-in-heels
Sozialismus

Sozialismus

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:24 pm

♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. Tumblr_lryi0r73OZ1qdford

"Still awake I see." He raised an eyebrow, recognising Kael's voice immediately. As he turned to face him, Damon felt a lax smile curling at the corner of his lips, even with the inevitable joke about his age that was implied by Kael's next question. It was odd to think that Damon was, at least in years, the younger of the two - In reality, Kael had a good sixty years on him, though Damon looked old enough to be his father. Hell, he felt old enough to be his father.

Damon placed his helmet on the ground at his feet and folded his arms, waiting for Kael to cover the distance between them before he finally spoke.
"I'll give it up when we stop getting strange vampires swanning in and out of the castle gates at whatever hour they please," He was well aware that talking like this to any of the Muadhnait would ordinarily have gotten him severely reprimanded, but he and Kael had been allies (friends, he felt, was too soft a word) for long enough that, at least when out of earshot of other nobles, Damon was content to talk with him as an equal. Kael had never taken umbridge with the conversational tone, and it had progressed naturally until it felt strange not to address him like that. "Out romancing all the beautiful maids that Brion has to offer - or should I just not ask whereabouts you've been all night?"

His smile was all teeth, but the amusement was clear in his tone of voice. The vampire's rumpled clothing gave away the fact that he'd been for most, if not all of the evening, and Damon was sure he'd been wearing the same outfit the previous day. With Kael's wardrobe, however, it was sometimes difficult to tell - black and regal seemed to be his motif. Still, the question wasn't particularly interrogatory - if Kael wanted to tell him where he'd been, he would; if he didn't, he wouldn't. It was a simple relationship, refreshingly so.

"Care to break fast with me, or do you have to join your family this morning?" He wasn't entirely sure how Kael's relationship with his family worked - it was none of his business, but from what he could tell, Kael was generally starved of parental attention, in favour of his two 'normal' siblings. Damon could relate to the feeling of being unwanted, though how it worked in a noble family, he had no idea - he imagined, somehow, that it was worse. He'd heard how a number of the other knights in the garrison and the servants in the hallways talked about Kael behind his back - hushed voices about his arrogant behaviour or his refusal to parttake in social gatherings, but more often than not, the talk turned to the blemish that was so hard to miss. He'd never asked Kael about it, never even acknowledged that it existed save for if Kael himself brought up the topic - and somehow that'd seemed to have been the key to earning the vampire's acceptance.

He tried to avoid eating with the other soldiers, eating in the marketplace or the castle usually. It was a way of distancing himself from them in that regard. There was camaraderie, and then there was authority - Damon walked a fine line between the two of them; sleeping in the same barracks as his men kept him humble, but he needed to make sure that they knew he was there as a captain, not as a friend.

tagged ; Ash
word count ; 616
notes ; Sorry this took a while!
gif ; azirae @ tumblr

Back to top Go down
GrannyAsh

GrannyAsh

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:10 am

» while we're young and beautiful, living free and easy, here without a worry, dancing in our { b a r e f e e t } ♠ ♣

“Strange you say? I believe handsome is more fitting,” Kael replied unperturbed as his lips pulled into a smirk. He adjusted his vest, tugging it so that it sat correctly and comfortably. He was now standing next to Damon, removing the black gloves from his hands by plucking the leather free finger-by-finger. A bitter cold wind rushed by, disregarded by Kael and his now exposed flesh, the gloves were not used for warmth but rather for when he traveled.

Another servant rushed forth from the shadow of the wall, his eyes downcast as he relieved Kael of his travel clothes. This servant didn’t belong to the king; the young thirteen year old – sandy haired human boy was a servant of the Chadwick family. Known to work for Kael himself. His presence here at the castle was a sign that Kael’s parents were somewhere inside the walls, stalking the steps of the king and queen.

As fast as the boy had come, just as swiftly he had left their company. The boy was not gifted with speech, for when he did try to speak, he often stumbled over his words. This resulted in his quick hand-me down through the family until he came under Kael’s rule. Rather then throw the boy back into poverty, Kael kept him, and though the boy was sworn to secrecy, Kael also taught him like a mentor. There was a soft side buried in the rough he portrayed.

“A woman?” Kael acknowledged. “Unfortunately not. The beautiful ladies are one in few these days.” He chose not to speak of the plans his mother and father were making for their children, he and his brother were the only unmarried children left. His sister had already taken part in an arranged marriage and Kael was certain he was next in line. It wasn’t uncommon; in fact it was the path most people of his fortune took part in.

“As for my whereabouts… I’d have to agree. You don’t want to know,” Kael watched as Damon’s smile stretched a little wider. It was strange how he and Damon had come to an understanding of one another, his siblings never once spoke to the commander nor did they see fit to do so. Kael’s sister had once spied on him, warning him to keep his distance before he destroyed the family name. Given he was here, now, talking to Damon - it was obvious her warning had been ignored.

When asked about breakfast, Kael knew full well he was supposed to dine with his parents. The fact of the matter was . . . they didn’t truly wish to dine with him. After all, he was the embarrassment of the family. A broken jewel, and what beauty is there in a broken jewel?

“That I will,” he spoke after a moment of silence. His lips lost the boyish smile, returning to the indifferent line of emotion. “To the market then?” Kael half suggested. Anything to escape the castle walls for another few minutes or so. Not that he would openly admit to it, but he rather enjoyed Damon’s company.

“What news from the night?” If Kael had not been born into his lavish lifestyle, he believed - like Damon, he would have opted to join the guard. Maybe that was why he and Damon saw eye to eye on certain matters. Of course, he knew Damon wasn’t at liberty to discuss all things with him.

tagged* Demo.
word count* 000520.
notes* esh! I know I can do better.

Last edited by GrannyAsh on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sozialismus

Sozialismus

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:50 pm

"Handsome? That's pushing it a little, isn't it?" He laughed, then stopped somewhat abruptly, upon noticing Kael's servant approaching. He stepped back, putting an acceptable amount of distance between the two of them, and bowed his head. To be honest, if the boy hadn't seen them talking, he'd have had to have been blind, but there was no sense making it worse. He wasn't sure exactly who the boy worked for, though he'd seen him with Kael so often, he had to assume that it was the vampire - of course, that could've meant nothing, what with the politics of the Chadwick family being as they were.

He was a meek little thing - fragile and stammering; an outcast amongst outcasts by the looks of him, and he was gone faster than Damon could distance himself from Kael. Watching him leave, Damon turned back to his companion, though he made sure to watch the servant go carefully.
"Sorry. He won't cause problems, I hope?"

After the discomfort caused by the boy's arrival, Damon found it difficult to relax back into their usual conversation, and he found himself standing stiffly, more like the captain of the guard than Kael's companion.
"To the market then?" The market provided a little more anonymity than the courtyard, and though the two of them were relatively well known around Brion, most of the nobles were either still resting, or breakfasting in the castle or their own homes. For the early morning, at least, the market was a wise choice.

"Of course," He resisted the urge to bow, as was customary for addressing nobility, but managed a small smile instead. "A quiet night - quieter than usual in fact," as they began to walk, he found his confidence returning, and he lowered his voice conspiratorially. "Lord Kelly was kicked out by his lady wife once again for reasons I couldn't possibly begin to divulge - it's more than my job's worth. But let's just say he'll not be allowed near any servant girls again."

He refrained from airing most of Brion's dirty laundry - but the troubles between Kelly and his wife were well documented, although never to his face. Damon'd had to pull the man off the front steps of his own house - give him a few hours to calm down. He'd reeked of wine so strongly that it'd made Damon feel physically ill for a moment or two.

Still, Kelly hadn't gotten violent, which had been a relief. As a guard, although technically employed to keep the peace, Damon knew he'd have to have a damn good reason for hitting a noble in the face. Self defence? Definitely not a good enough reason. In fact, Damon found he couldn't actually think of a reason good enough to warrant violence on his end.

With those below him, however, it was fair game, and some deep, wolfish part of Damon enjoyed that, though the human part was horrified at just how much he enjoyed it.

tagged ; Ash
word count ; 523
notes ; n/a
gif ; azirae @ tumblr

Back to top Go down
GrannyAsh

GrannyAsh

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Kael hadn’t thought of Declan speaking out, mostly because the boy-servant didn’t speak a single word to anyone other then himself. No doubt the boy had really even paid them any attention, he did have an absurdly short attention span, likely the cause of his speech deficiency. There was also the fact Kael was his master, and the repercussion of getting his master into trouble was not something the boy would fancy.

“Unless the castle mice can suddenly converse with us, I don’t foresee any trouble arising,” Kael admitted. The boy had a fondness of rodents. Something he did not understand truly, but their company comforted the young human and he would not deny the boy his only comfort.

"Of course." Kael held back his amusement as he watched Damon refrain himself from bowing. It was probably a good thing he didn’t bow, Kael would hate to have to scrap that bear skinned clad body off the ground should his back protest.

Falling into step with Damon, Kael ambled along the cobblestones towards the side exit. Further entering the shadows that sealed the two away from view. The castle was always quiet in the early morning hours; Kael would hate to actually live there. Never a quiet moment, always within reach of the King himself, no, it was not the lifestyle he sought. In fact, had things gone his way, the meadow would have been where he would like to have lived.

"A quiet night - quieter than usual in fact." Kael looked over his shoulder at the man next to him. A quiet night was a good thing. It meant no brawls amongst the drunkards that so often disrupted the town of nighttimes.
Damon’s voice was becoming more assured the further from the castle they became. It was the tone he was more accustomed to, as they often met when company was less of a likely concern. Those were the rules that came with status, and though Kael broke them on a regular basis, it wasn’t something he wished to make public knowledge just as he knew Damon shared the same feelings.

Upon hearing of Lord Kelly’s troubles, Kael couldn’t help the snort that escaped him or the way his eyes rolled. It was no secret amongst his class either that the man had been unfaithful. It was about time his wife showed him it was unacceptable, and then again, marriage to her was half punishment enough. Kael had known her to be an overly proud woman who often tried to hold the authority over her husband. Sending him out of his own home was yet further proof of her domineering nature.

“I trust he didn’t cause you much trouble?” It was common knowledge that Kelly would be in favour had things taken a wrong turn. Then seeing how Damon was in good nick, other then his age, it was fairly obvious things went well. Or, well enough. Kael wasn’t overly violent in nature, but he did believe Kelly needed a good beating.

Arriving in the market area, Kael further slowed his steps, dropping a single step behind Damon. His shirt collar was raised in order to obscure half of his blemish from view. It didn’t matter that he was handsome, eyes were still first drawn to that before his face.

“So . . . you’re actually going to eat something cooked this time round?” Kael prodded. Watching some werewolves eat could actually be rather off-putting. As if to provide proof, one man passed by almost knocking into the two as his teeth tore at the uncooked flesh of a leg of lamb. Of course, Kael couldn’t talk; drinking goblets of human blood was likely as off-putting to Damon as raw meat was to Kael.

tagged* Demo.
word count* 000618.
notes* ho hum.
Back to top Go down
Sozialismus

Sozialismus

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:21 pm

"Stranger things have happened, you know." He gave a short laugh, but relaxed. If Kael was willing to vouch for the boy, he was willing to let it go - after all, Kael had as much to lose from this as he did if they were discovered to be on anything less than noble-knight terms.

They headed to the marketplace via the shadowy back streets out of habit more than anything else - Damon was used to this area of Brion, the one that the nobles liked to pretend didn't exist. Contrary to popular belief Brion had some shady roads, the kind you didn't go down at night unless you carried a sword, but they were few and far between which was a small mercy. After all, even noblemen liked dogfighting and whores now and again.

Kael's snigger at the mention of Kelly made his own mouth curl slightly - of course, a full-blown laugh would've been unprofessional, but a smile? Could've been anything.
"I trust he didn't cause you much trouble?" Kael asked. Damon shook his head, shrugging.
"You know what he's like - a man that drunk couldn't land a hit even if he'd wanted to. Still, I can't say I wasn't relieved that he came quietly," He hesitated, and his brow crumpled. "Well, not quietly - he actually made more noise than I expected, but he didn't resist. I imagine he'll be licking his wounds somewhere until his lady wife lets him back in. They're made for each other, aren't they? One bad turn deserves another as they said.

He smelt the market before he saw it, and his stomach gave a growl of approval - already the smell of meat and ale hung heavy in the morning air.
“So . . . you’re actually going to eat something cooked this time round?” Kael was eyeing a leg of lamb with obvious trepidation. Damon tended to side with being more wolf than human for the most part - raw meat was not really a concern as far as he was concerned, but he could understand why it might not be the nicest thing to see someone else eat first thing in the morning.

"Never let it be said I don't do anything for you, lad. Cooked it is." Ordinarily he'd have just told whoever it was to deal with it, but Kael being the closest thing he had to a friend got a few liberties. He approached one of the stall owners selling what looked like rabbit or hare - he was human, Damon could smell that much, but his produce catered to both werewolves and vampires.

The stall owner began to reach for one of the skinned animals hanging from the wooden frame of the booth, but Damon held up his palm.
"Not today, thanks. I'll have a cooked one." The man nodded, placing some cold, cooked meat onto a wooden plate. "And some ale, if you'd be so kind." again, the man poured without questioning.
"And for your friend?" He motioned to Kael. Damon shoved his own coins across the counter.
"I'm sure my 'friend' can order for himself."

tagged ; Ash!
word count ; 559
notes ; Sorry this took so long! D:
gif ; azirae @ tumblr

Back to top Go down
GrannyAsh

GrannyAsh

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:21 am

sø i'll find whαt liεs bεnεαth yøur sick twistεd smilε
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Never let it be said I don't do anything for you, lad. Cooked it is." Kael chuckled at Damon’s words. The sound was deep and musical, hardly above a human whisper and gone by unnoticed by those walking by.

As was natural, Kael’s features morphed into a sour expression upon additional company. His golden gaze became heated when the storeowner asked Damon what he would like to order, it was plain ignorance on the shop owners behalf. Given Kael’s attire and the air in which he held himself, it was surely obvious he wouldn’t have another man pay for him let alone order for him.

The shop owner’s ignorance was only made worse when the man’s eyes darted to Kael’s neck. He was lucky Kael could control himself and that he wasn’t overly hungry, then again, it also had something to do with his current company. If all else was not in the equation, Kael may have full well leapt over the counter and drained the man a good amount of blood.

Smoothing out his vest, Kael enjoyed the mental image playing in his head. No matter how the shop owner behaved the earlier thoughts were nothing more then that, never would Kael belittle himself to such a low level of maturity. The only time he would lash out would be in self-protection, all other times simply called for a quick verbal slapping.

“Half and half,” Kael replied darkly. Seeing as Damon had altered his meal, Kael too, adjusted his. The drink still consisted of blood, but it was a weakened version and favoured the smell of berries over blood. Kael tossed a few of his own coins on top of the wooden surface. “If you can manage turning your back. Your infatuation with my scar is flattering and all, but I happen to chase dresses,” the shop owner was startled; it was obvious he hadn’t noticed he was staring. With a grumble he turned away, leaving Kael and Damon alone as the shop owner nosily rustled about preparing their meals.
Turning to Damon, Kael arranged his features into a friendlier manner. To be honest, it wasn’t a vast change, over the years happy and friendly became forgotten with age.

“Will you be accompanying the kings outing today?” Kael asked. Dismissing all prior frustration with the shop owner, that was the perk of age. With almost two hundred years under his belt, Kael had learned that hold grudges was only a thorn in his side. Only one grudge remained and would forever more, witches would always be a lost cause in his eyes and the world was better rid of the stupid creatures.
“I hear he plans to use the apple method practice before he journeys out to the game,” some poor solider would later have an apple strapped to their head. They were lucky the king was a good aim, he only done it for his sole enjoyment in watching the younger target squirm with unease. It could be quite amusing, but it had long since lost its enjoyment with Kael who often grew bored of repeated activities.
Kael paused and thought for a moment.

“Have you heard word of Adairia’s new guard?” Kael had not formally met the princess, nor had he the misfortune of meeting her apparently aggressive brother. His royal dealings were with the King, and the King alone, granted his quick audience with the Queen on one peculiar occasion. If anyone outside of the king were to know about castle guards it would surely be Damon. Kael’s eyes drifted off after a young woman as she passed by, a typical innocence that remained from his youth.

♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. Kael
now you turn the tide on me !
'CAUSE YOU'RE SO UNKIND

tagged: Demo.
word count: 000597.
notes: I didn’t spell check sorry!
lyrics: what lies beneath - breaking benjamin
template: by meg, for ash.

Back to top Go down
Sozialismus

Sozialismus

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:51 pm

The smell of Kael's half and half was not entirely unpleasant - though it was, for the most part, rich with the smell of fruits and berries, beneath all that, Damon could still catch a hint of the metallic tang of blood. He stepped back as Kael snapped at the stall owner, whose gaze had clearly been lingering just a little too long on the vampire's mark. Must be new, Damon thought. Most of the stallholders in Brion knew not to stare at Kael's blemish - though they talked about it amongst themselves in private - this man, clearly did not.

Still, as he turned away, Damon saw Kael's face relax, just a little. It was a subtle change, but it was noted and he found himself nodding encouragingly. Kael's sudden mention of the King's outing surprised him somewhat - ordinarily things like that weren't discussed, and he had to wonder what the sudden mention of the royal family could mean.
"Unfortunately not - night watch duty takes up most of my time. I fear I would not be much good to the king if I was asleep on my mount." A few years ago, working all night and then working during the day would've been no problem - as a young man, he'd seemed to have had limitless amounts of energy. But all good things must come to an end.

Damon's face crumpled into a half frown at the mention of the apple method. It was a game that brought the king endless amounts of amusement, though Damon could not say the same was true of his men - truthfully you weren't considered a member of the royal guard until you'd been scared shitless by putting your trust in the king's archery.
"One of these days someone's going to lose an eye," He stated, shaking his head. "Thankfully the king's aim is still very much true."

Damon paused to take a long sip of his ale, then found himself coughing on it at Kael's next question.
"Have you heard word of Adairia’s new guard?" It wasn't something he'd expected Kael to take any interest in whatsoever.
"I haven't been given a name yet. Night Watchmen are more my division - I've not had chance to ask about the new personal guards I'm afraid. Why? What's suddenly caught your interest?" The overlap between the night watch and the day watch was surprisingly little - Damon hardly knew his opposite number in the other half of the watch. Personal guards, though, were in a league of their own - usually unwilling to command a group, they were trained up to think about one person and one person alone. Whoever it was they were protecting.

"I mean, I could do some digging, ask around the garrison if you like?" He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, picking up the plate of meat once again, proffering it to Kael.

tagged ; Ash!
word count ; 511
notes ; Love your new font! o:
gif ; azirae @ tumblr

Back to top Go down
GrannyAsh

GrannyAsh

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:09 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

“Lucky for you. If I were to have an option of keeping away, I would need to have met my death.” It was obvious Kael did not seek the friendship of the crown. Yet, like a puppet on strings, he would attend. It was that he had no choice in the matter that bothered him so. Being raised in a family bent on marrying into the throne, Kael often forgot that speaking of the King and his family was out of place amongst other people.

As Damon questioned him on his sudden interest, Kael couldn’t help but shake his head with amusement. It seemed only natural to talk the talk of the nobles. Damon seemed as good as any man and Kael often forgot the guard was just that. It was first nature to Damon, and always would be.

“Don’t look so shocked Damon, you would have me believe I didn’t care about the affairs of the castle,” Kael mused as he took a sip from his tankard. “As you should well know, my parents often try to engage in idle conversation with the princess. To this day, they have been unsuccessful. I’d like to hope the new guard would prove as methodical.” He answered.

”I mean, I could do some digging, ask around the garrison if you like?" Kael’s golden eyes observed the meat offering for a moment as if he were considering the offer. In the end though, he politely turned it down. In the early hours he never found he had the stomach for the once delectable food humans and wolves enjoyed so much. It often disagreed with him and resulted in a violent departure of anything – mostly blood – that still resided in his stomach. A highly unpleasant feeling, one that left him ‘dry’ and in need of a blood donor.

“No. There shall be no need, I will likely hear about it soon enough,” Kael responded. Absently swirling the liquid around in his cup, it was true the berries only did so much, the metallic stench of blood was still ever present. Though, the stench was more . . . like a fragrance to Kael. In a manner unlike most nobles, Kael leaned forward and rested his elbow on the wooden surface of the stand. It created a rather relaxed appearance, and in the subtlest way, it also covered his neck from view. He seemed almost normal, it made him blend in with everyone, allowing him to become but a shadow on the wall.

'CAUSE YOU'RE SO UNKIND

tagged: Demo.
word count: 000397?
notes: Terrible post, sorry!

Back to top Go down
Sozialismus

Sozialismus

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:02 pm

"Really? I think secretly you enjoy all this pomp and circumstance," Damon teased with a wry smile, then affected mock sobriety. "It's okay to admit it Kael - I won't mention it. Well, perhaps not too often, at least." Making jokes? Damon thought to himself, somewhat surprised. Maybe I'm ill.

Still, the knowledge that he was free from service for a few hours more relaxed him - the panic of Kael's servant boy almost entirely forgotten and the thought of good company, food and then finally sleep were at the forefront of his mind instead. Damon had always been a man happiest with a sword at his side and a tankard of ale inside of him. Both of those needs taken care of, he was free to open up, if only a little.

"I'd tell you more if I could, you understand," He shrugged apologetically, feeling his ears reddening. "And believe me, I feel more than a little embarrassed that I don't know more - I have yet to present the king with the week's reports, though, so I haven't spoken with him at all." It was customary to report any incidents at the end of each week - ordinarily it would be in the form of a written list, but the king, understanding Damon's difficulties with reading and writing, allowed him to report directly instead. Damon was nothing but grateful - after all, he had trouble reading his own scrawling handwriting, let alone entrusting the same task to the ruler of the country. Whilst Damon's knowledge of swordcraft and his skill as a fighter were unparalleled, his academic abilities often left much to be desired.

Kael changed his pose subtly, and leant, slouching against the counter, though it took him a couple of seconds, Damon finally understood the reason behind the pose. He refrained from looking at the mark.
"Careful, lad," he warned, only half jokingly "Don't want to get mistaken for one of us commoners, do you?" He hesitated, then added, "We can move if you're uncomfortable - though I think a stretch in the castle dungeons could deter any curious punters." He glared pointedly at the stall holder, who was looking desperately for something else to occupy himself with.

tagged ; Ash!
word count ; 408
notes ; wub wub wub
gif ; azirae @ tumblr

Back to top Go down
||+alex *;;}

||+alex *;;}

Location : East Coast, baby~ USA. Just chillin' and bein' awesome

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:54 pm

♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. Pictop
“Don’t want to worry Mother and Father over silly things like that.” Briana studied her friend’s face, trying to be sure that was all there was to it. After a few moments of pause, taking time to evaluate the situation, she decided that Adairia was likely telling the truth. After all, she had no reason to believe that Adairia was not. Why would she lie? In response, rather than saying anything, she simply nodded.

Briana wasn’t much of a talker. She had no problem with conversation but was used to quietness and, since she was rather soft-spoken anyhow, there were often times that she’d rather leave her opinion out of things. Plus, she insisted on being polite, civil, and kind— there were some thoughts that entered her mind that weren’t any of those three, so they were left untold. Sometimes, she’d share her opinions with her friend, but not very often.

Besides, Adairia was an outgoing, friendly person and could befriend anyone. Why would she want to put a damper on her friend’s friendships or relationships just because of her own thoughts on a subject such as another person? If it were something incredibly important, she’d speak up. Otherwise, silence was preferable. Besides, this way she could listen and take everything in. That, she had learned, was a valuable skill.

As Briana led her to the servant’s quarters, she couldn’t help but notice Adairia’s grin in response to her own words, laced with excitement at their upcoming adventure. At that, Briana’s smile widened. Perhaps, despite the nightmare that had shaken her earlier that morning, it was to be a good day. There were a lot more good days than there were bad now, it seemed. She’d caught a good deal when she got this job.

“Of course!” Adairia chimed, to say that she expected Briana to join her in Brion, and the princess tugged her hand towards the door that would lead to their escape from the castle.

Once they made their escape, she turned to her friend. “How about we go to the market? You don’t get to go there often, isn’t that right?” She paused for a moment— just one quick moment— to allow her to answer, then forged ahead. She led the princess through Brion, making sure that she didn’t head through the darker streets. They did exist, even if many preferred that they did not and thus liked to believe exactly that.

When she got to the marketplace, she saw that one of the stalls was selling some sort of rabbit or hare. For a brief second, she wondered what it would be like to be that hare— or rabbit. Was it like being terrified of death, with hunters all out to come find and kill you? The rabbits probably ran for their lives, but weren’t fast enough when an arrow came ripping through their insides, likely very painful. Only to end up here, to be sold to werewolves or vampires that would rip into them once again. It was such a sad cycle of life— no matter what that rabbit was like (who knows, maybe it had some sort of rabbit family or hare friends or whatever it may be) before its death, it was killed for its food, and no one really cared.

She then noticed three men there. The stall holder appeared to be fumbling, desperate to look elsewhere. The two men were vaguely familiar— had she seen them somewhere? One was young with black hair, like a raven, while the other was older, maybe around… thirty, forty? He was tall and mostly bald. There was certainly something familiar about him, in particular. Where have I— oh! Oh, my. This is bad. This is bad, Briana thought desperately as she finally put it all together.

He— Damon— was a soldier— captain, actually. Captain. Of course. “Um, Adairia,” she said, soft as normal, although slightly “do I recognize him from somewhere?” She desperately wanted to be wrong. Maybe he just looked similar. Anyway, didn’t Adairia have illusion powers? Yes, she does. However, don’t they usually NOT WORK?

Couldn’t Briana just catch a break once in a while?

♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. Bottomwords
TAGGED; Meg, Demo, & Ash.
WORD COUNT; 000693.
LYRICS; world so cold - three days grace.
NOTES; Prepare for the humor. xDDD
TEMPLATE; by meg, for alex.

Back to top Go down
{&*mεg}
Admin
{&*mεg}

Location : East Coast, USA. & when you're not looking - IN YOUR SLEEP.

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:49 pm

♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. Topmainpic

Adairia faithfully followed her friend as she led her through the interconnecting hallways of the castle until they finally emerged. Free from its stone walls, she felt as if the heavy rock inside of her had dropped to the ground. As the two young women walked, Adairia left that heavy burden behind, at least until she would have to return once more. That was how it always worked. She could leave her burdens and responsibilities behind for a few hours and enjoy the time allotted. Picking up that heavy stone was always difficult, but knowing that she would be able to leave it behind, at least for a short time, was gratifying.

When Briana asked if she wanted to go to the market, Adairia nodded with enthusiasm. That was one of the places she hadn’t been to yet. Perhaps she had ventured there in the past with Delia, but if she did, she couldn’t recall the event. So she treated this as new territory to be explored.

As the two of them left the castle premises, Adairia pulled the hood of her dark cloak up. She had grabbed it on the way on as she always did. She had learned from an incident in the past that it was best to hide her identity. Even though not many people had seen her enough to recognize her upon first glance, it didn’t hurt to be a bit secretive. Besides, it covered her blatantly noble-class dress.

When they entered the marketplace, Adairia couldn’t help but giggle with excitement. The people who walked by didn’t even glance at her! No one stopped to greet her; no one moved aside and bowed politely. Sometimes someone’s shoulder would collide roughly with hers, but Adairia didn’t mind. In fact, as odd as it would seem to an outsider, she loved the lack of attention. It was a great feeling, a feeling of freedom and unimportance. It was something Adairia had never known before.

The rough laughter of men was all around, as well as rowdy and not-so-rowdy shouting. There was a group of young men playing a board game of some sort, drinking ale. They all cheered as Briana and Adairia passed, some laughing with success and some wallowing in defeat. They were quite worked up over whatever they were playing! She glanced over her shoulder to get a better look. One of the men noticed and grinned, beckoning for her to join them. Normally, Adairia would have gone over, but she had learned a little bit from her time with Briana out here and thought better of it.

“Um, Adairia.” She stopped walking and looked over at her friend. Briana’s face looked nervous. “Do I recognize him from somewhere?”

Adairia followed Briana’s gaze to what looked like a cross between a bar and a stall. Her eyes scanned the lines of heads until she recognized someone. She gulped, hard. It was a royal soldier, and not any royal soldier. A captain, a chum of her father’s; Damon.

“Oh no,” she murmured, grabbing Briana’s wrist and squeezing it. “Um, um, um...”

She desperately tried to think of a way out of this. Maybe they hadn’t noticed them. But from here they had a clear view of their faces, so they were bound to see them at any moment.

Maybe she could ... Oh, it probably wouldn’t work. But it couldn’t hurt to try, right? Adairia squeezed her friend’s hand a little tighter and pictured a moving image of people in their place, concealing the two girls. But she could tell it wasn’t working, so instead she stood rooted in place, terrified of the consequences she would surely face.

♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. Divider_by_canzeda-d41w92p
er'body in heree. « TAGGED
000612. « WORD COUNT
iu - you and i. « LYRICS
lalalala. « NOTES
yours truly. « TEMPLATE
Back to top Go down
https://lethalallure.forumotion.com
GrannyAsh

GrannyAsh

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:16 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A grin broke out across Kael’s features; it softened his appearance and almost brought about a boyish handsomeness that was so often lost and yet not easily forgotten. He rolled his eyes, shaking his head before he returned his tankard to his lips. His golden eyes peered over the top of the large container, amusement clear in the bright orbs. It was a rare occasion when someone was brave enough to allow jokes to pass with him.

“It is quite alright Damon. It should be my knowledge too, and perhaps I would be in the know if I done what is asked of me.” Kael admitted in a low tone meant only for the werewolves’ ears. He didn’t enjoy admitting his own faults; to submit was to give up, and to give up on his own free will was not an option he was willing to accept. Ever since his incident with the cursed witch, he had grown into a fighter, and with his age, little tended to oppose him.

"Careful, lad," came Damon’s warning tone of voice. Kael’s interest was immediately sparked and he found his gaze once more on the werewolf. "Don't want to get mistaken for one of us commoners, do you?" Kael would never admit, but to be mistaken for a commoner would be a pleasant change. He could walk where he pleased, venture where he wanted, be ruled by no one, a puppet to no one. It sounded like his own personal heaven. Rather then speak such, Kael simply chuckled in a low musical rumble.

Upon Damon’s next words, Kael watched as people passing by quickly scampered onwards, their lurking steps now rushed.

“Well now Damon you –“ Kael suddenly paused and his relaxed appearance became stone still. As was a gift to all the living dead, no even a single breath needed to be drawn. His golden eyes darted through the people only to stop and stare at the one who had recognized Damon and who had carelessly addressed none other then the princess. Drawing in a deep breath, he allowed the scent to pass over his taste-buds. There was only one place in all Brion that created that fragrance, and only one named by that of; Adairia.

The princess shouldn’t be at the market, let alone this side of the market.

“This is more your speciality then mine,” Kael told Damon in a hushed tone. Of course Damon would have heard if not smelt her presence. “Though I worry about the stupidity in all of this,” Kael continued, his golden eyes sweeping around the many beings. Some of which were vampires. “You’d think a code name would have been brought up in this little game of theirs at least.” his tone was made for none other then the royal guard at his side. His weariness wasn’t an overreaction, if any of the other beings had heard the princess’s name mentioned surely a fight would soon break out. The princess was a captive in her home for good reason, and unless the guards were with her, it was unsuited for her to be traipsing about.

Kael didn’t want to bring up their own situation. Damon was no fool, he would connect the pieces and come to the same conclusion, as they had found the princess and her servant girl, the princess had found them.

'CAUSE YOU'RE SO UNKIND

tagged: Demo, Alex, Meg.
word count: 000560.
notes: FUN!

Back to top Go down
Sozialismus

Sozialismus

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:46 pm

He managed a wry smile at Kael's own amused expression, somewhat relieved that the joke had been well received. Damon joked and Kael admitted his own faults - perhaps it really was the end of days.
"It should be my knowledge too, and perhaps I would be in the know if I done what is asked of me." Damon patted him on the shoulder companionably.
"I shouldn't worry too much about it. Those who do exactly what they are asked are often the first men to go in a battle." He wasn't particularly good at comforting, so he had to settle for a somewhat awkward analogy. "It is not always a bad thing to be disobedient. Though if I hear you repeating that to any of my men, I'll deny it."

"Kael-?" He was about to question the vampire's trailing off before he realised exactly why Kael had stopped speaking. Though his ears were no longer what they once were, his sense of smell remained heightened and if his nose wasn't playing tricks on him, then there was something very wrong.

As nonchalantly as he could manage, Damon turned, sweeping the market place with a placid, even gaze. Inside, his heart had begun to hammer a little harder, though he swore that it managed to skip a few beats when his fears were confirmed. He relaxed, if only a fraction, upon realising that the Princess was not out with anyone else he recognised - clearly this outing was not an official one.
"This is more your speciality than mine," Kael murmured from beside him in a lowered tone, clearly meant to attract the minimum amount of attention to both them, and the two girls.

"Shit." Was all he could manage, though his voice remained level. "Well shouldn't we be using code names in that case?" He managed a somewhat strangled laugh. Admittedly, code names would've done very little - if anything at all - for the two of them, but Damon couldn't help trying to ease his own jarred nerves with poor jokes.

They'll be in as much trouble as us if they're caught, he reminded himself It's not in their interests to say anything.
"Do we approach them? Or do we go on staring like fools?" He eyed Kael, his forehead crumpling. Too rattled to stay still, Damon placed his now empty tankard back down on the stall, picking up his helmet instead, as if his hands couldn't bear to be unoccupied. He turned it over in his hands, ignoring the visions of being hauled up in front of the king that flashed into the forefront of his mind. "You know as well as I that it's not safe - not for... Well, not for them."

Though he felt his own nerves were a little unwarranted, it was true that if they were discovered, it was bound to be worse for himself and the servant girl stood beside Adairia, than it would be for the nobles. Still, he hoped that nobody was about to go running to the king. Not until they'd figured out exactly what the situation was, at the very least.

tagged ; Ash + Alex + Meg!
word count ; 557
notes ; in which damon is a panicky baby
gif ; azirae @ tumblr

Back to top Go down
||+alex *;;}

||+alex *;;}

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Oh, shit, shit, shit! This was certainly worse than even unpleasant. What had started out as a good enough day had immediately turned sour at the very sight of Damon, the captain, a soldier, someone who was sworn to protect the royals. Her mouth went dry, her palms being to become moist— but only a tad— and panic filled her, chilling her to the bone. Her thoughts were running through her mind at light speed and the thoughts were not reassuring.

Damon, the soldier, was going to come over and he was likely going to be furious— the princess was absolutely not allowed to go running about the streets of Brion. Even worse, it was her suggestion to go to the marketplace. If she hadn’t said that, then they wouldn’t be in this horrifying position. Then, Damon would drag them back to the castle with evident fury. Adairia would get in so much trouble. She would never be allowed to leave, watched at all costs, and never be able to spend time alone with her again.

Oh, dear, her. What would happen to Briana if she were hauled off in front of the king? She would probably be accused of endangering the princess or something like that. The punishment would be cruel and great. She might even lose her job as Adairia’s servant, the one thing that brought her joy, and probably the only thing that would ever make her happy. Besides, she had nowhere to go. Where could she seek shelter?

An old memory popped into her house, just an image of a house. It was certainly big enough to accommodate two people, even three, and it was a nice enough house, but her terror increased. Her heart started beating incredibly fast as an image of her father came after that. A scream, her own, so shrill and feminine, filled her mind, filled with pain. She shuddered, but it was so faint that she wasn’t sure anyone could see it happen. Could Adairia feel it?

She would look at her friend but she was paralyzed with fear as that scream filled her, seeming to crash into every part of her, destroying everything in its path— just like her father had. She couldn’t return to him and that home. But if she lost her place as Adairia’s servant, would there be anywhere left to go? Could she be free of that house? Or would she have to return?

No. She’d escaped once, had a taste of freedom for the first time in ten years, and she wasn’t going back. She’d die before she returned to him. At least in the castle, she was a servant by choice and had also gained a best friend. Out at her father’s, she’d been more of a slave than a servant, really. The castle was her safe haven and she’d like to return to her sanctuary feeling safe, not scared for her life. What was it that they all had a chance to lose? Suddenly, she hated Damon, just for being there. And, it occurred to Briana, wasn’t Damon a werewolf? If it was possible, Briana’s already marble white face paled a shade whiter.

The young one, with dark hair, spotted her and stared at her. She thought she had a vague recollection of his features, as she quickly took in his physical attributes: his enchanting golden eyes, ivory skin, golden eyes, the raven black hair she’d noticed earlier. He was tall— of course, many seemed tall in comparison to Briana. Even Adairia, who was also rather short, was just a little bit— of course, only a little bit— taller than her. Briana also noticed a scar on his neck, rather ugly.

In a way, that scar, despite its unattractiveness, seemed to be the most, well, attractive of his features to her. It was odd, but she found that it was comforting. It was a flaw and flaws could be the best things about a person— no one was perfect, and to appear so would be frightening. Still, everything about him was terrifying and handsome, which scared her. Was it odd that attractiveness scared her? Adairia was certainly beautiful, and she was wonderful. Of course, her father had been attractive as well, to some, in appearance, but certainly not on the inside.

As she just looked from the young one to Damon, back and forth for a few moments, she was absolutely still. Perhaps standing straight, tall, and still wouldn’t stop anything, but it was the principle of the thing. She could be brave— well, not really. The entire time she was absolutely silent, except for a soft whimper in the back of her throat, the only thing that indicated her terror.
TAGGED; Meg, Ash, & Demo!
WORD COUNT; 000788.
NOTES; 788 words and not a single word uttered. I thrive on the thought process. xP

Back to top Go down
{&*mεg}
Admin
{&*mεg}

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:16 pm

Adairia took a tentative step backwards, a small movement of mere inches, but it’s meaning was clear. She wanted out, she wanted to run out of that market back to the castle and pretend she had never left. Looking into Damon’s face, and feeling that stomach-clenching fear deep in her gut, Adairia began to wonder if she would regret these secret adventures. Would it be worth her father’s wrath and whatever punishment Briana would face? Knowing the King of Tuathal, he would not let a slave girl get off so easily for seemingly ‘kidnapping’ his daughter, even if he was not particularly fond of the child.

Briana’s fear was evident. It was seeping off of her in waves that Adairia’s heightened senses picked up on; her tongue could just begin to taste it. Her eyes flashed to her best friend’s face. She saw the raw fear embedded in her features.

Then her gaze fell momentarily back on Damon. Who was that sitting next to him? Adairia vaguely recognized him as noble. For a fleeting second she realized she knew him, but then that thought had disappeared with the returning fear of Damon’s gaze.

With a sharp intake of breath Adairia squeezed Briana’s wrist even tighter. Normally she might worry that she was squeezing too hard, but right now her mind was on high alert, and such small things never came to the forefront of her mind. She briefly entertained the idea of threatening the captain. It was something she would have done if she were feeling a little more like her mother and father. But after spending time with Briana just now, she wasn’t in that mental state.

So instead, she turned around and ran. She never let go of Briana’s hand, so the poor girl’s wrist would probably be sore and bruised from the princess’s somewhat supernatural strength.

The two girls came around a corner, a good two alleys away from the inner market where Damon and the man she had recognized as Kael had been. Adairia stopped and pressed herself against the wall, her lips trembling. A sense of shame overcame her as she realized she had just run from what had seemed like a near inevitable confrontation. And for all she knew, they could chase after them if they felt like it, or just tattle on them later. She closed her eyes tight. Her forehead crumpled, lines creasing the pale white surface.

Adairia never claimed she wasn’t a coward.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t...” she trailed off on her lame excuse. Her words had been spoken with a hoarse, shaky voice. With a quick, hasty movement she let go of her friend’s wrist and stared at it. Yes, it was bruised. Adairia had let her cowardice hurt her friend for the first time. She swallowed, her throat clenched tight.

“I’m sorry.” Her eyes remained lamely focused on Briana’s wrist.

There was no one in this tiny alley, save for a human man passed out drunk on a dirty pile of hay ten or so yards off. It reeked of stale ale. Adairia’s heartbeat still pattered fast; she remained on edge, scared that they would be followed. And what of Damon with Kael? What would she think, or do, about that?

What a coward I am.

♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. Divider_by_canzeda-d41w92p
ash, demo, alex. « TAGGED
000551. « WORD COUNT
iu - you and i. « LYRICS
she's a scaredy-cat. « NOTES
yours truly. « TEMPLATE
Back to top Go down
GrannyAsh

GrannyAsh

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:58 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Silence seemed to rule over the two males for a fraction of a moment, Kael stared with his mouth slightly agape before he sealed his lips in a firm line. He was soon snapped out of his stare when Damon uttered a curse word before joking of code names for the two of them.

“Last time I checked you were not a Princess, Damon. I’m sure I can come up with a code name if you wish for one nevertheless,” a wicked smile of amusement flashed across Kael’s face. It was pure cheek to say that to the male, but he hoped Damon would take it in good nature. For it was merely nothing more then a joke. Though, now was not really the time for such frivolous behaviour. It did seem to ease the tension brewing inside the vampire noble. The two girls had already begun to draw attention to themselves, standing cowering in the middle of the market street. Anyone would think that Kael and Damon were on orders to assassinate them with their petrified faces.

"Do we approach them? Or do we go on staring like fools?" Kael gave Damon a sideways glance. Should he ever end up in battle with Damon, he only needed to find a couple of young scared girls to keep the werewolf at bay. He had believed this would be the old wolves strong point. Surprising himself, he managed to hold back his laughter at the situation. "You know as well as I that it's not safe - not for... Well, not for them." Damon’s words rung with blatant truth, resulting in a couple of curse words slipping from Kael’s rosy colored lips. Not only for them, but if those girls spoke up, it would be Damon who would receive the punishment.

“Oh, how I am going to regret this,” Kael drooled shaking his head. He hadn’t failed to notice how the servant girl eyed his mark, two wrongs in one day, that was either bravery or she was soft minded and to be pitied. The latter was most likely the case. Grasping his tankard, Kael downed the last of the content before turning on the shop owner who had the nerve to be eavesdropping.

“If you value your life, you will hide in the back of your shop until I tell you to emerge,” Kael’s tone was steel, his words sharp and to the point. The shop owner – the poor man – looked ready to faint from the hardened gaze of the vampire. Shakily, he started to withdraw into the back, all the while nodding his head and trying to clear the obvious lump of fear in his throat. He had royally annoyed Kael one to many times today, and he seemed to understand that now.

Pleased that the shop owner would not disobey, Kael turned back to the streets to watch the retreating figures of the girls.

“Honestly?” He asked in disbelief with a quick glance at Damon. He shook his head, his eyes momentarily closing as he ran one hand down his face. His inky black hair almost reached his golden eyes as he met Damon’s gaze.

“We can’t just leave this unspoken. Met you there,” like a swift cold winter’s breeze, Kael was gone. The gracefulness of an aged vampire aiding him to move by unnoticed, he didn’t bump a single shoulder nor did he make enough noise to allow the girls to notice him. Instead, he stayed to the shadows, out of sight as he listened to the ragged breathing of the females. The Princess had run away? He had to fight hard to hold back the laughter of this entire situation. Why did he find it so amusing?

Allowing the girls to calm themselves, he silently made his way forward while the one who smelled like the Princess examined the servant girl’s arm completely preoccupied.
Upon closer proximity, Kael’s tall dark figure cast a shadow over the girls as he made himself known.

“I think we should make a deal, don’t you?” Kael spoke quietly into the silence surrounding him. The surrounding atmosphere was somewhat relaxed but this still wasn’t the better side of the market, certainly not for a girl of such stature. Kael’s eyes paused on the hooded girl he knew to be Adairia before roaming over her companion. “I won’t inform the King of your outing when I see him later, and you will forget you ever came here,” in a roundabout way. He was telling them that if they pretended they never found him and Damon sharing company, he would also ‘forget’ he ever found the Princess and her servant in the market place.

“Of course, I can’t go without saying that this will be the last time you will escort your master to this side of the market,” Kael’s powerful golden gaze burned into the servant girl. “We wouldn’t want to lose someone of importance now would we?” Only Damon would hear the underlying tone in his voice, for the girls didn’t know him one bit. With the possibility of people listening to their conversation, Kael didn’t dare slip the words Princess or Adairia in this public place.
The way he spoke to Briana suggested he believed there was something wrong with her, as his earlier thoughts continued to presume she was soft minded, an illness that plagued human children into adulthood until death. It was nothing more then a simple mistake on his behalf.

It was not often he found himself in such interesting company, and he hoped this would be the first and last time.

'CAUSE YOU'RE SO UNKIND

word count: 000935.
notes: D-Dog and K-shizzle how are those for code names Demo? Lol.

Back to top Go down
Sozialismus

Sozialismus

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:46 pm

"What gave it away? Is it the beard?" Despite himself, Damon managed a grin. Princess jokes? Anyone else would've been bleeding to death on the floor by the time the words had left their mouth, but Damon knew Kael hadn't meant the joke in the way that most others would've done. The rumours had been difficult to shake off, but after a handful of fistfights most people had learnt not to bring up anything they'd heard whispered in corridors.

Upon realising Damon's point, Kael let slip a few pieces of rather colourful language.
"Oh, how I am going to regret this," He muttered, before turning to address the stall owner, who had been leaning in so close, Damon could swear he could smell what the man had eaten for breakfast.

Instead of watching that, he kept his eyes fixed on the two girls, who were stood stock still and staring at himself and Kael with liquid eyes. It was like trying to outstare a deer, and in true form, the two bolted abruptly. Unsure exactly what protocol entailed in a scenario like this, he cleared his throat pointedly, attracting Kael's attention.
"Honestly?" Kael looked at him in disbelief, and Damon gave a helpless shrug.

"I'll catch up with you. You can do the talking." It wasn't a request. Trying to talk to girls that were clearly on the verge of hysterics was not exactly high on Damon's 'to do' list. By the time he'd finished speaking, Kael was gone, stalking off into the crowd with a graceful air that made him suddenly transform from a young man, to an aged vampire.

Though he walked slowly, he could still smell the girls, as well as Kael, the smell of fear was pungent and cloying, like a bad taste that wouldn't leave - Kael smelt of blood and power, an easier scent to follow. Though without the elegance of his companion, Damon made his way through the crowd, placing his helmet back onto his head, the weight reassuring and almost calming.

He was captain of the guards. Nothing to be frightened of - least of all two girls out on an impromptu adventure.
"-won’t inform the King of your outing when I see him later, and you will forget you ever came here,” He overheard the tail end of Kael's deal with the princess and her servant as he rounded the corner, making sure to stand at least a meter behind Kael as he approached, thankful that the majority of his face remained hidden for his own confidence.

He made sure to square his shoulders and keep his arms folded, the stance of a stern, hardened warrior - keeping up the bravado that came with the rather intimidating helmet, careful to avoid any outward signs of panic. Let Kael do the talking - that was definitely the way forwards, though the vampire's tone was acerbic and he was beginning to smell anger mixed in with fear, rolling off the servant girl whose wrist the princess was still holding tightly.

At the mouth of the alley a small group of washerwomen had started to murmur, suddenly nosey about the source of the commotion.
"Is something interesting?" He asked, loudly. The coldness of his own voice surprised him, though it was the tone he used whilst working almost every day. There were petulant mumbles of 'no' and 'nothing' from the women, who stared sulkily at him - a couple of the more daring ones attempted to stare around him, still trying to catch snatches of what was going on.

"I suggest you return to your duties immediately," His hand strayed to the sword at his hip, and though he would never have used it, it seemed to frighten the gossips into submission. "Dealing with pickpockets has nothing to do with you. Unless of course you have guilty consciences, in which case I commend you for exposing them in front of a member of the royal guard."

With a choice few words that would've made any soldier blush, they scattered away, leaving him with Kael and their two rather unwanted companions. Pickpocketing had been the first excuse he could think of - it was a safe lie, unless of course, any of them had gotten a good look at the Princess.

tagged ; Ash + Alex + Meg!
word count ; 751
notes ;
gif ; azirae @ tumblr

Back to top Go down
||+alex *;;}

||+alex *;;}

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:20 am

Briana felt herself suddenly being jerked away by Adairia’s form as she fled. Her friend was quite effectively dragging her along for the ride. She stumbled a bit and then raced after her, the wrist Adairia was clenching beginning to throb with pain. She was fine, however, although it was a little hard to keep up with her as they ran down two alleyways and around a corner. The two girls pressed against the wall and the princess’s lips were trembling.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t…” Adairia said, her voice hoarse and shaky. Then, with a sudden motion, she released Briana’s wrist and stared at it. Briana glanced down at her wrist and noticed the bruises. It was fine, though— she’d had bruises before. She knew that her friend had never meant to hurt her, so it was fine. She would let anything slide when it involved Adairia. Anything.

“I’m sorry,” the princess repeated, her gaze still fixed on Briana’s wrist.

“Don’t be. It’s fine. I’m fine,” she said, her voice light and floating. That was, until a shadow fell over the two girls. She looked up at the nobleman— she presumed he was a vampire based on his marble hard, pale skin and speed. He certainly was tall, just as she’d guessed. The comfort that she had sought from his mark had dissipated even as he spoke, looking threatening as he towered over the two. She certainly didn’t like or appreciate that.

As she listened to him speak, her eyebrows shot up. The vampire wouldn’t tell the King? Did he realize that this was fine and dandy for them both and there was no need for any of the menace or running if this was the deal? As long as they weren’t going to be in trouble, they were both fine with it. After all, Briana didn’t want to have to return to that place or face whatever the punishment for helping Adairia escape would be.

“Of course,” she agreed for the two girls, her voice still soft as ever— not because she was trying to quiet her voice, but because that was just how she spoke. “We can both accept that deal.” She knew neither one wanted to get caught. It would mean the end of Adairia’s outings and that she would be hideously punished. Her friend’s parents were not kind.

“Of course, I can’t go without saying that this will be the last time you will escort your master to this side of the market. We wouldn’t want to lose someone of importance now would we?” This was, obviously, directed at Briana, his golden gaze burning into her.

It was interesting how he’d said escort your master. That would imply a master/servant relationship, when theirs was one of friends. Could he not tell by the way she’d addressed her friend as ‘Adairia,’ oh so casually, that their relationship was one of friends? Or had he not caught on to that? Was it so hard to believe? She wasn’t about to go inform him of this, however. Rather, she was content just ignoring that little tidbit of false information. What angered her, however, was how the noble vampire spoke to her. It was as if he thought she was soft minded— and that was something she wouldn’t put up with.

So, perhaps she could’ve handled spotting Damon better. Perhaps she shouldn’t have called her friend by her name, as she was now sure that was what had caught their attention. Still, just because she’d had a lapse of judgment in a moment of panic didn’t make her stupid. That was normal human behavior. Something else occurred to her— was this some sort of prejudice against her being a human? Her anger spiked, rolling off of her in waves.

“Fine,” she agreed. It was the more dangerous side of the market, she supposed. Besides, she could still ‘escort her master’ elsewhere, since he hadn’t said that she couldn’t sneak her out at all— just not there, where the two apparently hung out. She’d avoid this place like the plague. Just then, Briana’s eyes narrowed and her voice becoming sharper— not louder, just sharper. “So, will you stop addressing me as if I’m stupid, please? I don’t very much appreciate being considered an idiot when I’ve never said more than two words to you before now. That isn’t too much to ask, is it?”

She sort of hated the way that they came out. Her voice was too sickeningly sweet— even if it was snappier— to add any punch to her words. Still, she hoped that maybe he would understand that there’s more than what meets the eye when it comes to people— particularly Briana. “Even if you can’t muster up any respect for me just because I’m a servant, is it too hard to just, at least, pretend? Or is that too difficult for a man of your intelligence?”

Perhaps it wasn’t the brightest decision to insult the intelligence of a noble vampire when she was a delicate human girl, but she couldn’t help it. In a way, she loved how she had channeled the younger Briana to say anything. When she was young and angry, she’d been a little rebellious and could say words with a punch— of course, a punch— or two or three or four— was usually the response she received. Hopefully, that wouldn’t be the case here— or any other displays of violence.

Just after she said that, however, she noticed the hulking werewolf, Damon. Earlier, she’d been totally focused on the nobleman and her anger had overwhelmed her enough that anything else faded into the distance. However, just knowing that he was a werewolf was enough to scare her, even though her fear had faded earlier when she addressed the nobleman.

Now, her fear spiked to a peak and she let out an incredibly brief squeak, the only sign of the terror she now felt. It wasn’t necessarily Damon— it was just the fact that he was a werewolf. Perhaps that was prejudice of some sort, but she had a good enough reason behind it. Her face, however, showed no signs of fear— well, aside from her eyes widening a little bit. Was her fear uncalled for? She didn’t know, nor care, as she gripped Adairia’s wrist, clinging to her friend for support this time.

After that, those simple words she spoke to Kael, she was completely totally silent— as that had become her only defense for a long time now.
TAGGED; Meg, Ash, & Demo.
WORD COUNT; 001086.
NOTES; Go Briana! <3 Obviously, she is very angry at Kael right now. I'm sure she will forever be known (until their romance) as that "servant girl that was dumb enough to call Kael stupid." xDDD

Back to top Go down
{&*mεg}
Admin
{&*mεg}

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:06 pm

Adairia’s gaze remained fixed on her friend’s hand. She wasn’t much comforted even though Briana said that it was all right, but at least she had not angered the girl. That would have definitely made this day the worst ever.

Two seconds before he arrived, Adairia smelled him; that nobleman by the name of Kael. Had he really lowered himself enough to chase after them? What qualms could he have with them? Oh, yes, probably his company, the lower class werewolf. Really, did he not realize that Adairia was in the same boat, involved with a so-called forbidden friendship? Or at least a relationship that would be looked down on by the general public.

She soured when Kael offered to strike a deal. Although it was in both their best interests, she did not like being manipulated into unwanted arrangements. Yet another piece of evidence that she was truly the daughter of the King and Queen. Briana spoke for her, and in that moment Adairia was extremely grateful. If she had been forced to answer, she may have said something she’d regret.

A rough, musky scent reached her senses just before Damon joined the group. Adairia rotated her neck somewhat, allowing her hood to move with the circular motion.

When Kael began speaking to Briana in that degrading tone, Adairia bristled. But she contained her discontent in silence, remaining motionless, her face still hidden by her hood. It cast a shadow over her soft features, and for the most part her face was in darkness, especially since the alleyway they were in did not allow for much natural light to enter.

“So, will you stop addressing me as if I’m stupid, please? I don’t very much appreciate being considered an idiot when I’ve never said more than two words to you before now. That isn’t too much to ask, is it?”

Adairia’s eyes widened somewhat as her friend spoke. After the initial surprise, however, she her expression calmed. She had witnesses these moments of Briana’s, though they were few and far between. They always startled Adairia whenever they occurred.

“Even if you can’t muster up any respect for me just because I’m a servant, is it too hard to just, at least, pretend? Or is that too difficult for a man of your intelligence?”

Stifling a giggle, Adairia bit down on her bottom lip. She had forgotten how good Briana could be at her little jabs. But she settled back after a few moments, allowing herself to fall back into her initial emotions: annoyance towards Kael and grudging vexation towards Damon.

When Damon addressed the on-looking women down the alley, Adairia barely moved her head to watch. She didn’t even really hear what he was saying, because she was readying herself internally for what was soon to come.

The women scuttled away, leaving the four very different people standing alone in the dark alley. Save for the passed out drunkard, of course.

“Now.” Adairia pushed her hood back and revealed her face. In her eyes the former cowardice had transformed into hard, stubborn resoluteness. She took a large step forward, somewhat blocking Briana from view. She hugged her cloak to her chest.

“We agree to what you’ve said, so we’ll be leaving now. We say nothing, you say nothing.” Her eyes gleamed. “Good day.”

She started to walk away, knowing Briana would follow. Then she paused, looked over her shoulder, and gazed at Kael.

“And please, before you judge someone of lower class, think of your friend here.” She nodded to Damon. “Not everyone is what they may seem.”

With that she turned her head back and continued on her way, her cloak whooshing around her feet.

ash, demo, alex. « TAGGED
000617. « WORD COUNT
iu - you and i. « LYRICS
i'm assuming briana will follow. :3 if so, we can just say that the two girls have left? « NOTES
yours truly. « TEMPLATE
Back to top Go down
GrannyAsh

GrannyAsh

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:57 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The way the servant girl watched him made Kael itch, he didn’t know what to think of the feeling, asides from it was an annoyance. He hadn’t expected her to be the one to speak to him. For a servant to speak to someone of Kael’s stature was unheard off unless of course they had been granted permission. He was surprised she still breathed, though; in the company of the King the girl would surely be a mouse like most.

“Take care servant girl,” Kael spoke venomously. “You forget your place, just because her highness,” he hissed the word highness making it incomprehensible to any asides from the two women before him. “Chooses your company, it does not give you permission to address me in formal conversation. Be thankful you’re not on your way to the stocks,” he looked Briana up and down in disgust.

“As for the matter of pretending. You claim to be intelligent, yet if that were true you would never ask such a childish game of me,” with his golden eyes narrowed. Kael observed the young girl a moment longer before he spun on his heel to walk away. He paused momentarily as he heard Adairia speak. Right now, his opinion of the both of them was very low. That was the princess? Thank the heavens she had a brother to take the throne or Kael may have staked himself when the time came for her to rule.

“We agree to what you’ve said, so we’ll be leaving now. We say nothing, you say nothing.” The only way the girls would be sure he listened was delivered in a curt nod before he again continued to depart. He rolled his eyes in annoyance when he heard their footsteps pause, controlling his features, Kael turned to met Adairia’s gaze with a sarcastic smile. It was the best he could manage.

“And please, before you judge someone of lower class, think of your friend here.” Adairia spoke whilst nodding in Damon’s direction. “Not everyone is what they may seem.”

His tone was dull as he spoke in a bored manner, “We are not friends, M’lady. Simply allies who were breakfasting when two rude young ladies interrupted us to stare, point, and flee as the infants they surely are.” Okay. So his temper won him over. No one told him whom he was friends with nor did they tell him how he was to judge another. His words were disrespectful, but the only witnesses were a servant and a royal guard. Hardly a case to be brought before the King.

“Also,” Kael added with a faint tilt of his head. “Guards are of a higher class then servant girls,” he spoke quietly. “Good day.” Kael mocked in a sickly sweet voice before he stalked off not allowing another word to be spoken. The distant chatter of town folk only meant one thing, it was time for him to journey back to the castle, which was punishment enough. As Kael came to pass Damon, he kept his eyes downcast, his temper had won him over and he didn’t want to view Damon’s expression. He had just given a young girl not even a fraction of his age a verbal whipping, not to mention his rude manner directed at the Princess.

He passed Damon and just like that, he was gone. Didn't he say he would regret this? He certainly did, but he would not return to apologize.

'CAUSE YOU'RE SO UNKIND

word count: 000550.
notes: Sorry ‘bout any typos!

Back to top Go down
Sozialismus

Sozialismus

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:13 am

Sozialismus wrote:

The harshness of Kael's words came as a surprise - although he'd seen the vampire's rage building, when it finally manifested, it was harsher than even he could've anticipated. Kael stalked past him without looking up, and Damon made no attempt to follow him. They could talk later, when he had calmed down - trying to engage Kael after that exchange was something that not even a fool would try.

Still, Damon couldn't help but feel an almost paternal - ridiculous, of course, Kael was far older than him - disappointment at the way Kael had snapped at the girls. Admittedly, the servant girl, too, had a tongue on her that rivalled Kael himself but he didn't see her as his responsibility.

It was only when Kael had finally disappeared, that the realisation hit him. They were, technically speaking, his responsibility.
"The two of you should return to the castle," His voice was stern, but he refrained from commanding, after all it wouldn't do to treat two young ladies as though they were new guardsmen. "It will only get busier here, and more difficult to remain discreet."

He hesitated, then addressed Adairia directly - her friend, the servant girl seemed a lost cause, and had spent most of the short time they'd been together staring at him as though he was about to try and rip her head off. It made him uncomfortable, to be that hated by a total stranger - even the anger she'd directed towards Kael had not been quite as... unsettling as the horror and revulsion she'd directed at Damon himself.
"You have my silence." It was difficult not to add 'princess' to the end of the statement, the tag usually coming automatically. He glanced around briefly, choosing to bow his head instead, a silent statement of respect.

"I trust you'll keep her safe. I don't think I need to explain what would happen if anything were to happen to her." This time he directed the statement at Adairia's friend, though his voice was cold and impersonal. If all she saw was something to fear, then he refused to make any effort to get her to think otherwise.

Despite his brain telling him to escort the two back to the castle, he knew that no matter how 'safe' that sounded, it really was counter productive. There was no sense in drawing yet more attention to the two of them - the presence of a royal guard would only raise questions and trigger gossip - they'd managed to make it most of the way down here without getting noticed, but the marketplace was beginning to wake and Damon trusted most of these traders about as far as he could throw them. Best for them to get back before morning had fully broken.

tagged ; Alex + Meg~
word count ; only 491...
notes ; Damon will probably leave after this - sorry it's not longer, didn't have much interaction to go on, haha. ;_;
gif ; azirae @ tumblr

Back to top Go down
||+alex *;;}

||+alex *;;}

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:57 pm

Briana’s jaw clenched, her eyes narrowed, as Kael stormed off and Adairia walked away as well. She stood there, rooted to the spot for a few moments, her anger burning, a coal refusing to die out. When Damon spoke, she jumped high, feeling as if she’d leapt ten feet in the air out of her fear. His voice indicated strictness, but not commanding. A small part of her, the tiny part of her that wasn’t painstakingly terrified of him and his kind, appreciated this.

“You have my silence,” he told Adairia, glanced around, and bowed his head in respect. Again, that tiny, not terrified part of her appreciated this. However, the other, incredibly larger and overwhelming part of her screamed in absolute terror, even as she stayed silent. Was it odd that silence, doing nothing was her best defense all those years ago? It was easier if she didn’t anger him further.

Well, her mere existence angered her father just as the lack of her presence did. He was quite a confusing man in her eyes. Before Abiagael’s death, he was an admirable character. Afterwards, he was not only grief-stricken but a monster. He was worse than an animal and now she feared all werewolves because of one. It was a shame, really, but she couldn’t control her fear. It consumed her.

“I trust you’ll keep her safe. I don’t think I need to explain what would happen if anything were to happen to her.” Damon’s tone was cold and impersonal. Did everyone aside from Adairia just hate servant girls or something? Gosh, she probably got more respect when she was living with her father. At least then she was just that poor girl who’d lost her mother and who had lots of bruises that the public never saw, with an ailing father, grief-stricken after his beloved’s death.

She nodded, although realistically it made no sense. Adairia could hurt her, even accidentally, and was much stronger than she. The princess was not only the one who needed protection, but she was the stronger of the two. Briana herself was incapable of protecting her from anyone that could hurt Adairia. She stalked after her friend for a little bit until they were farther away from Damon, in which she just muttered a quiet, “I’m going to go back to the castle and blow off steam, alone. I’m… sorry.”

“You should return home soon. Stay safe, okay?”
And with that, she turned around and left, not bothering to wait for an answer.

TAGGED; Meg & Demo- the end.
WORD COUNT; 000420.
NOTES; This is the end of Briana for THIS roleplay.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.   ♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. Empty

Back to top Go down

♞ THE COURTYARD - I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: Tuathal :: Brion-
Jump to: